Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2007

I Was Run Over By a Car Today

Arrived in Delhi today. Sad to leave my friend, Mo, after touring around Bangalore. "I guess I just miss my friend."

Some highlights in Bangalore include:
- Getting to test out my water clarifying solutions - so far so good
- Buying every season of "Scrubs" for less than $20 (anyone know off-hand which one is the Bel Biv Devoe Poison episode?)
- Carrying a box loaded with sweets from Mo's mom in my backpack
- My only pen exploding yesterday and boarding Kingfisher airlines today where I was handed....get this...a free pen
- Yelling at ricksaw drivers
- Mo racing his car through the streets of Bangalore faster than Freddie from NYL cancels out of an AWF work object
- Seeing a tree that can live without a trunk
- Having a friend-crush on Mo's cousin (whose interests include drinking, hiking and helping run a coffee plantation), but losing my cred after making some culturally insensitive remarks while hopped up on jaeger (now I know how Mike must feel)
- Living the high life going to exclusive, invite-only parties. There was a website of pictorial evidence, but it has since been shut down. Here is one shot:

 

For most, travelling through India is a spiritual experience. Some things I have discovered thus far:
- Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is not as funny when dubbed in Hindi (or maybe it was Kanada. Either way, not one chuckle).
- I am slightly afraid of monkeys when not caged.
- Somewhere along the way I acquired a fascination with cows.
- Is it possible that I could like 50 Cent more than Kanye? Not sure on this one yet. I will have to explore more on my journey.
- Boys holding hands should occur more frequently in platonic situations.
- If you walk around looking pissed off and sweaty, people tend not to bother you.
- Fireworks and explosive devices should be placed back in the hands of the children.
- Tums are good.
 
Oh right. The car. A few minutes before coming to use the internet, I found my foot pancaked under the wheel of a car. I do not believe this was my fault, but I was concentrating on looking pissed off, so who knows.

Tree's friends come tomorrow, so I am going to hit the lamb burger at Mickey D's and call it a day.
 

 
Just a quick beer slurp in traffic

Bangalore Club memories

No comments:

Post a Comment