Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cheese Doodle Hair Coloring

This is a phenomenon I will miss when I leave India. Men and women use henna to color their hair. As my mom, Marge, would say, "It's all the rage".
 
Met Tree's friends Meghan and Chris Sunday in Delhi for Chris's birthday where he was treated to the runaround from our friend John from Kashmir. Set up a trip to Agra for Monday and were floored by the Taj Mahal and views of it from the Agra fort. Nothing more I can say to capture. Overwhelming. As an added bonus we also were subject to some handsy line cutting and requests to be in pictures with random Indian men. Looks like I could show up on the internet a second time. 
 
Some other firsts include my first camel (the first of many), my first elephant (ditto) and my first sighting of a family of 5 on a motorcycle. The record up until that point had been 4 on one.
 
Today in Jaipur visited the Amber fort and the Palace in the Pink City as well as some shopping. I am headed to Pushkar tomorrow, I think. The camel fair doesn't take place there until next week, but  am hoping to view some good camel spitting.  
 
Beautiful, Smoggy Delhi

 
Agra!!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment